How to prepare Ari Kadukka | Kallumakkaya Nirachathu?
Ari Kadukka | Kallumakkaya Nirachathu
- Raw rice – 1 Cup (Soaked 2 hours in water)
- Grated Coconut – 1 Cup
- Fennel Seeds – 2 Teaspoon
- Onion – ½ Portion
- Mussels / Kallumakkaya - 15
- Turmeric Powder – 1 Tablespoon
- Chilli Powder – 4 Tablespoon
- Salt as required
- First let’s clean mussels/Kallumakkaya.
- Take a mixer jar and grind, soaked raw rice, onion, grated coconut, salt, fennel seeds by adding a very little water.
- Transfer grinded batter into a vessel.
- Make a thick paste for the filling by adding rice flour
- Take each mussels and fill thick batter inside the shell and keep it aside
- Heat a steamer and place all the filled mussels on top of it and steam it for 20 min
- Open the lid and let it cool down. After that remove the mussels out of the shell
- Take a small bowl and mix turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt by adding little water
- Heat a pan and pour required oil.
- Dip the mussels one by one into the batter and fry it on both sides. Drain on paper towels.
- Tasty Ari Kadukka / Kallumakkaya nirachathu is ready to serve