All purpose flour - 1/2 cup
Baking powder -1 Tsp
Yogurt -5 Tsp
Butter(Melted) -3 Tbls
Cardamom powder – 2 pinches
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Water - 3/4 cup
- Add all purpose flour and baking soda into a bowl.
- Add butter and yogurt into it and mix well to form a soft dough.
- Keep it aside for 20 min.
- After that make small balls using this dough.
- Then start shaping this ball for badusha by just flatten between you palms and make a depression on the middle or make decorative end.
- Deep fry them in a very low flame.
- Meanwhile add sugar and water in a pan and make syrup of one string consistency. Add cardamom powder into the syrup.
- Add the badusha into the sugar syrup and let it stay for 2 or 3 min.
- Transfer it into a tray and garnish with Saffron or nuts.
NB: You can add lemon juice to prevent crystallization of the sugar syrup.
You can store it in an air tight container. This will stay fresh for 5 to 6 days .
[Recipe courtesy : Pazham Pappadam Payasam ]
[Recipe design courtesy :Rak's Kitchen]
Sending this recipe post to
SPOTLIGHT:COLORFUL HOLI hosted by Chandrani of Cuisine Delights
“Color N Sweet- HOLI FEST” "hosted by Preeti Garg of Preeti's Kitchen Life
I'm The Star hosted by Rasi of Vegeterian Food & Me
Cakes, Cookies and Desserts hosted by Anjali of Spice n Sugar Tales