Chicken – 1 Kg
Onion - 1 Large(Finely chopped)
Tomato -2 Chopped
Ginger - Tsp(Crushed)
Garlic -1 Tsp(Crushed)
Red chilli powder – 1 Tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/2 Tsp
Chicken masala 1 Tsp
Lemon juice - 1 Tsp
Ingredients for grinding
Cinnamon stick – 1
Cardamon - 3
Cumin seeds - 1 1/2 Tsp
Fenel seeds - 1/2 Tsp
Coriander seeds - 2 Tsp
Dry red chilli -5
Peppercorn -1 Tsp
Coconut - 1/2 to 3/4 Cup
- Heat a kadai and add cinamon, cloves, cardamon,Peppercorn,coriander seeds,cumin seeds,fenel seeds ,red chili and curry leaves. Roast it well on a low flame.
- Then add coconut and sauté well until it looks dry.
- Once it done allowed it to cool .
- After that grind it using a little water(1/2 cup is enough).
- Heat oil in a pan and add onion and add salt to it. Saute until it translucent.
- Then add garlic and ginger and saute for few minutes.
- Then add chili powder,turmeric powder,chicken masala,curryleaves and cook for a minute.
- Add the sliced tomatoes and saute well until the oil separated.
- Add the chicken and mix well and cook for 5 min.
- Then add lemon juice and mix well.
- Add water according to the gravy you want and cook for 25 min.
- Once it done heat oil in pan and add mustard seeds and allow it splutter.
- Add it into the chicken.
- Serve it hot with rice, chapathi, appam