Cooked chana – 1 1/2 cup(Add salt while cooking)
Onion - 1(Chopped)
Green chillies –2(Nicely chopped)
Garlic – 1 Tsp(Chopped)
Ginger –1 Tsp(Chopped)
Tomato – 2 (Finely chopped)
Cumin seeds - 1 Tsp
Chilli powder - 2 Tsp
Turmeric powder 1/2 Tsp
Coriander powder - 2 Tsp
Garam masala - 1 Tsp
Curry leaves/ Coriander leaves
- Heat oil in a kadai and add cumin seeds . Once it splutter add onion,green chilies and salt. Saute it well until onion turns light brown.
- Then add chopped garlic and ginger. Saute it for some time.
- After that add chilly powder,turmeric powder and coriander powder fry until the raw smell goes.
- Then add the tomato and stir well until the oil comes out.
- Add 1 cup cooked chana and mix well.
- Add some water and cover it.Let it simmer for 10- 15 min.
- Grind 1/2 cup cooked chana into a smooth paste.
- Add the paste into the curry for getting thick gravy.
- Cook for another 2-3 min.
- Garnish with Curry leaves or coriander leaves.
NB :- You can use 1 tomato and 1/2 Tsp amchur powder(dry mango powder) instead of 2 tomato.
[Recipe courtesy : Lakshmi Nair’s Magic oven ]