Mackerel - 1 kg(Any fish can use)
Shallot - 8
Green chilli –3(split into 2)
Ginger - 1 piece(Sliced)
Garlic – 6 pods(Sliced)
Chilly powder - 3 Tsp
Turmeric powder -1 Tsp
coriander powder –3 Tsp
Tamarind water– Using a lemon size tamarind
Fenugreek seeds - 1/2 Tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/2 Tsp
- Heat oil in a earthen pot or pan. Splutter the mustard seeds and add shallot,ginger, garlic,green chili and curry leaves.
- Add some salt into it and saute well.
- Once the shallot turns transparent add Chilly Powder and Coriander Powder and turmeric powder into it and stir well till the raw smell goes.
- Then add tomato and saute well.
- After that add the fish pieces and mix well to coat the masala all over.
- Add the Tamarind water (you can add more water according to the gravy ).
- Close the lid and simmer for 10 to 15 min.
- Once the fish is cooked turn of the heat and add some curry leaves and keep it covered.
- Enjoy the fish curry with hot rice