Rice -2 cup
Rice flakes/Aval/Poha -1 cup
Urud dal - 1 Tsp
Yeast - 1/4 Tbsp
Milk -1 cup
Sugar as needed
- Soak the rice,urad dal and riceflakes together in water 4 to 5 hrs.
- Grind these with coconut and milk to a smooth batter.
- Add salt and yeast into it. keep it overnight.
- Before using the batter add sugar and keep it for another 1/2 an hour.
- Heat the thava and drizzle a little oil.
- Pour a ladle full of batter. Don't spread the batter.Covered and cook well. Don't turn the appam to cook the other side.