Basmati rices 2 cup
Onion -1 sliced
Carrot - 2 cut into cubes
Capsicum(Red,Green) -1 cut into cubes
Cloves – 3
Bay leaves – 2
Cardamom – 3
Cinnamon – 2″ piece
Lemon juice -1 tbsp
Ghee - 3 tsp
Oil - 2 tbsp
Water -3 cups
- Wash the basmati rice in running water and keep aside.
- Heat the oil and 2 tsp ghee in a deep heavy-bottomed pan.
- Add cloves, bay leaves cinnamon and cardamom into it and fry for a minute.
- Add onion and saute for few minutes.
- Then add carrot and capsicum and mix well.
- After that add the basmati rice and fry for 2 min.
- Add water into the pan and add salt and lemon juice and mix well.
- Once the water comes to boil, cover the pan.
- Cook till the water almost disappeared and holes will appear on the surface of the rice.
- Check the rice is cooked .If nor sprinkle a little water and closed the pan and after 5 min turn off the flame.
- Heat 1 tsp ghee in a separate pan and fry the cashwes and raisins for garnishing.
- Serve it with Butter chicken or any of your favorite side dish. Cheers!