How to prepare Vellayappam without Yeast and Baking Soda | Soft vellayappam using Coconut water?
Vellayappam without Yeast and Baking Soda | Soft vellayappam using Coconut water
- Raw Rice (Soaked for 4 hours) – 2 Cup
- Grated Coconut – 1 Cup
- Coconut water – ½ Cup
- Cooked Rice – 3 Tablespoon
- Sugar – 1 to 2 Table spoon
- Salt as required
- Take a mixer and soaked raw rice, grated coconut, cooked rice, coconut water, sugar, required plain water and grind it well
- Transfer the batter into a vessel and add salt over the batter and keep it over night (6 to 8 hours) for fermentation
- After 8 hours take out the batter and stir it well.
- Heat a pan suitable to make appam (Appam Chatti) and pour a spoon full batter and spread it over. Close the vessel using lid for 2 to 3 min.
- Tasty and soft vellayappam is ready serve