How to prepare Thalassery Special Kozhikkaal/Tapioca Fritters?
Thalassery Special Kozhikkaal | Tapioca Fritters
Tapioca - 1/2 kg
Gram Flour - 3/4 cup
Rice Flour - 1/4 kg
Garlic Crushed - 10 to 12 cloves
Ginger Crushed - A small Piece
Green Chilli Crushed- 3
Turmeric powder - 3/4 tsp
Chilli Powder - 3 tsp
Asafoetida - A pinch
Salt - To taste
Curry Leaves - 3 Springs
Water - As needed
Coconut Oil - For deep frying
1. Peel the skin of the Tapioca. Cut it into thin pieces.
2. Wash and put it into salt water for half an hour. Drain the water.
3. Mix Gram flour, Rice flour, Crushed garlic, crushed ginger ,crushed green chilli, Turmeric powder, Chilli powder, salt , curry leaves and asfoetida. Add water and make a semi thick batter.
4. Add sliced tapioca and coat well with batter.
5. Add a hand full of tapioca into the batter and shape it in the form a chicken leg
6. Deep fry it in the oil.
7. serve hot with tea.