Self raising flour – 200gm
Caster Sugar -175gm
Cooking chocolate - 75gm
Butter - 100gm( at room temperature)
Eggs - 3
Vanilla extract – 2 Tsp
Milk - 3 Tbls
Salt – 1/4 Tsp
Icing sugar – 1 cup
Cooking chocolate – 6 or 7 squares
Unsalted Butter – 1 1/2 Tsp
Vanilla extract - 1 Tsp
Hot Water or milk - 1/4 cup
- Using a microwave or double boiler ,melt the cooking chocolate.
- Sift the flour and salt into a bowl and keep it aside.
- Add butter into a large bowl and beat until it very soft.
- Then add caster sugar and beat until the mixture is fluffy.
- Beat the egg in it one at a time.
- Add the melted chocolate and vanilla extract until just combined.
- Add the flour little by little and fold in gently to mix.
- Add milk to the mixture, a little at a time until smooth (you can add more milk if you want).
- Divide the batter between two sandwich tin and bake in the oven at 180 °C about 30 min or until a skewer inserted into the middle of each cake comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool completely.
For the frosting
- Sift the icing sugar into a bowl.Add butter,melted chocolate,Vanilla extract and hot water and beat until smooth.
- Let it cool for some time.
- Transfer one of the cakes into serving plate.Then add icing into the cake and spread it. (I just added normal butter icing in middle ).
- Place the second cake on the top of the first.
- Spread the chocolate icing on the top and sides of the cake.
- Grate some chocolate over the cake.