Ripe banana - 1(sliced)
Rice - 1 Tsp
Rice flour - 1 Cup
Coconut (Grated) -1/2 cup
- Mix Banana with sugar and keep it aside.
- Add sufficient water and salt to the rice flour and mix well.
- Add Coconut into the flour and mix again.
- Take a Puttu maker. Fill the bottom layer with Banana. Add a thick layer of the puttu mix over it followed by another banana layer. Continue it until the vessel filled.
- Boil water in the pressure cooker or puttu maker and place it.
- Steam it for 4 to 5 min until the steam comes out of the hole.
- push out the puttu to a serving plate.
To find the right consistency of the mix, you should be able to make balls when holding the mix with hand and without breaking it.
Instead of using rice flour, you can soak the rice for 4 – 5 hrs and grind it. And before making puttu just fry mix for some minute.
Sending this to The Kerala Kitchen hosted by Prathibha Sreejith of COOK-EZEE